Google Maps latest update lets you share your real time location with your friends or family or contacts.
Google Maps has also rolled out a feature to save your parking location in select cities.
Steps to share your location:
- Open Google Maps app on your phone.
- Login with your google account (if not not logged in already).
- Click on the menu icon on top left corner.
- Select Share location (new).
- Click “Get Started” on the next screen. Also, select turn on feature for first time users.
- On the next screen select the duration for which you want to share your location, default is 1 hour.
- Select the mode through which you want to share the location (SMS, WhatsApp, email etc.) to your contact.
- A link is sent to the contact, clicking on which it will show the real time location along with the ETA.
Note: Turn off your device history and location if you don’t want to share your location.